Tag: French Hardware
$12 – 6-Pack French Provincial Drawer Pulls
Question: Do You Keep The Original Hardware On Vintage French Furniture?
French Provincial Dresser by John Witticomb By Ebay Seller htala
Nat Black Do you typically leave the French provincial handles on your finished piece or do you try to change them for a more modern look?
- Leigh Carpenter KEEP!
- Andrea Jackson ALWAYS KEEP. It really helps sell the piece
- Sandy Merritt Gentry Keep!
- Christie Wanamaker Keep
- Sara Arendt-Jaynes Definitely keep them. French Provincials tend to look ‘off’ when they are changed to a different style. I think I have seen one, maybe two, that looked good with something else in all my years of doing this.
Julia Harrison‘s French Piece In White (Here’s one where I kept them.)
- Julia Harrison I usually keep, but I think changing them can be pretty too. Here’s one where I kept them.
Julia Harrison‘s French Piece Where She Changed The Handles
- Kade Johnson Leave them
- Jeannette Robinson Keep. If you ever do change, sell the rest on EBay or Etsy. They bring good money and that is where I look when I have a piece missing one.
- Dannielle Carver Leave them
- Jeanette Birks Keep just change color
- Connie Baumeister leave them. if I paint white I paint them white and leave them on then distress all.
Marnie Owens‘s French Chest.
“ It is a base coat of cream (home made chalk paint using plaster of paris, but very close in color to Annie Sloan Old White) with the cream, Annie Sloan French Linen and Paris Grey over the top. I just kind of blended the colors together as I was painting to give it more variation. I then sanded to distress some areas and waxed it with Annie Sloan clear wax.“
Joanna Torija– I just got this awesome dining set – table and 6 chairs. I have decided to painted in French Linen ASCP. See the before and after. Follow Joanna at Jarful House
Jennifer Legreca Motley‘s Table Makeover
Dianne Banks– I decided to give my pine waxed dresser a facelift. The bottom took ages trying to get rid of wax and then a lot of orange bleeding through the chalk paint. So I thought I would put a primer on the top section and then chalk paint it. One quick coat of primer and this is the result.
Find great french provincial hardware in LOTS On ebay